Definition of Terms
|Dongle||A small hardware device that plugs into the a port. The dongle contains licensed driver information and data that is used to run iTest drivers.|
|.c2v file||The file generated by the AnDRus utility that gets emailed to A&D for updating (customer to vendor).|
|.v2c file||The updated file emailed back to the customer from A&D (vendor to customer).|
Driver Licensing and Validation Tool
After an iTest install, all available drivers are also installed. To use the drivers, you must have a valid security key enabled. The DongleUtil.exe utility shipped with the iTest software allows you to see which drivers you have valid access. This is also the tool used to apply license updates when a new driver is purchased. To see which drivers you have immediate access to, perform the following steps:
1. Navigate to $EXECUTEDIR and double-click DongleUtil.exe to launch the DongleUtil application.
2. Input the dongle you received with the iTest software into the USB port on the computer. Wait a few seconds for the computer to recognize the hardware (this may require refreshing the list). Once it is recognized, a dialog populates a list of drivers that you have valid security keys for.
|Key||The identification number assigned to your dongle.|
|Product||The number assigned to the product.|
|Part Number||The part number of the product.|
|Feature||The ID assigned to the part number.|
|Driver Name||The name of the driver.|
|Description||The description of the driver.|
|Refresh||Refreshes the list of available drivers.|
|Exit||Closes the application.|
|Launch ACC||Launches the admin control center in your web browser. From this web page you can view license keys, products, features, diagnostic information, restrictions, etc.|
|Launch RUS||Launches the license management tool, which allows you to send key status information (as a .c2v file) and apply license updates (as .v2c and .h2r files) manually. This is used when you would like to purchase new products.|
|Blink||Causes the light to blink on the dongle.|
Updating a Dongle
Generate a .c2v file
1. Follow the steps above to launch the DongleUtil.exe application.
2. Click the Launch RUS button.
3. Click the Collect Information button on the opening screen to collect driver data.
- If you are looking to install a new Software License Key, not updating an existing license dongle, select the checkbox for Installation of a new protection key
4. At the Save Key Status As dialog, enter the filename and location for the .c2v file to be saved.
- A&D recommends you name the file after the cell number that the new driver will be used in. Each dongle has a unique serial number, so you will need to know which one goes to which cell if you are updating multiple dongles at once.
5. Click Save. The utility will now collect the necessary information from the dongle and save the .c2v file to the location you specified. This process may take a few seconds to complete.
6. Send the .c2v file to your A&D representative via email or an active helpdesk ticket. A&D will then modify the .c2v file by updating the enabled drivers list with any new licenses.
Applying the License Update
1. Your A&D representative will send you back a .v2c file. Once you receive this file, save it to your machine in a location that is easy to find.
- The .v2c file does not need to be saved locally on the PC for each test cell, it only needs to be accessible by each test cell during the dongle update process.
2. Follow the same steps as earlier to navigate to the DongleUtil.exe utility and click the Launch RUS button again.
3. Click the Apply License Update tab at the top of the dialog window.
4. Click the button and navigate to the location of the A&D supplied .v2c file. Click Open. The details of the file path will appear in the dialog window.
5. Click the Apply Update file. The utility will now extract the contents from the .v2c file and update the driver list on the dongle with any new driver licenses (please allow several seconds for the dongle upgrade to complete). When the update is finished, you will see an "Update written successfully" message in the display area.
- If the update fails, contact your A&D representative or submit a helpdesk ticket for further assistance.
6. Close the RUS dialog window and return to the DongleUtil.exe utility to verify your new driver(s) is displayed (it may take a few seconds or require a refresh to appear).
7. You are now ready to use the new driver(s).